Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Dear Grandmama

The year has come to an end and everyone looks back to what all has happened , the happy times , not so happy times , bad times and most of all the losses occurred which can never be recovered like the huge loss suffered when we lost our beloved grandmama a week back . She was truly one of a kind , not your typical grandmother , no way , nobody can say that she was a conventional grandmother , she was a talented , creative , compassionate woman . 

I heard this somewhere ( don't exactly remember by whom ) that perfection is in getting all the little things done right , if that is the case then my grandmama was really perfect because she only cared of the little things , simple things which others just don't bother about but now I know she only thought of those matters that mattered the most .a truly remarkable and unforgettable woman who will be missed by many people who really love her . 

My last wonderful memory of her was the pride I saw on her face when I showed her my blog and the cakes I had decorated . She too loved to cook and feed her loved ones . Though she was fussy with her food , she loved to try out dishes I had experimented with .

The best thing was she was the only one who thought I was thin :D which I loved to hear ( wish everyone had her eyes ;p ) . So my dear grandmama , you will be greatly missed , we were all really blessed and fortunate to have you as our grandmama , love.....love...really love you .

11 comments:

  1. Shabunam, I'm so sorry to hear of this terrible news. I can only feel your pain, having lost my grandma, whom I admired - and still admire - as one of my female role models, back in 2009. I wish you and your family strength and prayers during this time. The best way to remember someone is to live by some of the things they taught you...keep them alive in your heart and your actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u said it all,,,she will be greatly missed,,,forever,,,i dont think we will ever to cum to terms with this ,,, :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really sorry for your loss. I hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you have the strength to deal with this and I am glad she had the chance to see your blog and your work and be proud of you.
    I know what you're going through...lost my grandfather in 2009, and my grandmother just a year later.
    It's tough but by remembering them, you will heal.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shabs, I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shabs, dear! I am so sorry for your loss! It's not easy losing our beloved grandmothers. I too went through that pain, a long time ago (20yrs ago) losing my beloved maternal grandmother. She was loving caring, and an amazing cook, and baker.
    This is such a sad time to be going through losing someone we love.
    My condolences to you and your family!
    Do take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your warm wishes , I really appreciate it .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shabs, I am so sorry for your loss. Your grandmama sounds like one in a million...you were blessed to have her love for your whole life! I know she was proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. shabs, so sorry to hear that. take time to heal. was wondering what happened to you...the least of it is to look at you with your gran's eyes as you say!

    ReplyDelete