Sunday, January 15, 2012

Nigella's Chocolate Banana Muffins

By now , you all must know that I am a huge Nigella fan , I just love.....love.....love her recipes , they all turn out so well , never has it not worked for me . I have so many things going on right now that I have absolutely no time to think or create some new flavours and recipes . I am in the middle of moving house and the kids have their hands full with their exams and stuff that it is an absolute mess around here . I thought I better get at least one new post in before I move because who knows when I will get the net connection and also get settled in .
I had a couple of bananas rotting here and was bored of making the stuff I know so I thought why not give this recipe a try , it sounds simple and delicious and as usual Nigella does not disappoint , these muffins were just too good , they were so moist and delish so here goes ................






INGREDIENTS

3 very ripe bananas
125 ml vegetable oil
2 eggs
100 gms light brown sugar
225 gms plain flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda

METHOD

Mash the bananas well .
Add the oil and mash it and then add the eggs and sugar and mix it well
Sift the dry ingredients together and then add them to the wet mixture and mix it up .
Grease and line the muffin pan and spoon the mixture into the muffin moulds till 3/4 full .
Bake in a preheated 200 c oven for about 15 - 20 min or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean .
Makes nice round and shiny 12 muffins .


29 comments:

  1. I love Nigella, too, and your muffins look perfect!!! Good luck with the move...hope you'll be back to cooking and posting soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shabs-Love Nigella, and just love the way your muffins turned out. I happen to have 3 ripe bananas sitting in my bowl that I was going to make just simple banana bread with, but now, I will make these yummy muffins, and link them back to you! I always have cocoa powder on hand, as well!
    Drop me a few lines to let me know about your move!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Elisabeth and please make these ,they are delish :) .I am moving on Thursday , dreading the work involved but really excited about the move ,no pain no gain right ??? . Hope I get my net connection soon .

      Delete
  3. moist muffins are my thing and Nigella's all the more..."your Nigella" rather ;p

    good luck with the move....the drab work sucks but drag yourself back to blogging! it make things happen for your good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Thoma , yeah really dreading the work ahead but excited about the move .

      Delete
  4. These look delicious, and I love how few ingredients there are :) Chocolate and banana is one fo my favorite ever combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - this recipe sounds wonderful, but would it be possible to convert ml and grams into cups/whatever for those of us non-metric bakers? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx Anonymous , ok 125 ml is about 1/2 cup ,100 gms brown sugar is 1/2 cup , 225 gm flous is about 1 and 1/2 cup . These are not exact but almost , so it's fine . Hope this helps :D .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Shabs - Thanks for your help in converting measurements from metric to non-metric. One last question - 200 degrees C, as far as I can determine, is about 400 degrees F - correct? It seems like a hot oven for muffins, so I'd appreciate clarification. Thanks again! NY Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome :) , it's somewhere between 375 and 400 f , yep it's quite a hot oven , probably coz the batter is a bit runny .

      Delete
  9. I love this recipe. I am new to your blog and this recipe convinced me to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Shabs :)

    I adore Nigella Lawson too ~ I'd love to collect all her books one day hehe I've read this recipe but I've never tried! Thanks for trying! I'm gonna have to make some for my sister soon! She keeps complaining I haven't baked anything for ages hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocolate + banana, match made in heaven!
    xo
    http://allykayler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah! Another banana muffin recipe to try! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete