Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ferrerro Raffaello Cake and an Anniversary

I know I said I wouldn't be posting as much  coz I am on my vacation ( thank you for all the wishes you guys  ) but how could I not post today coz today is the day I started my blog a year ago and that was the best thing I had done . I got to post about stuff that I love so much and above all that I made lots of new and wonderful friends from all over the globe . I have to thank each one of you who visited my blog and left comments here , I just love reading them and it really encourages me to do more so a big Thank you to all of you again .
For today's post I had to make a cake and this cake is based on my favorite chocolate and I think all of you know this chocolate I am talking about , it's called Ferrero Raffaello ,the white counterpart of the famous Ferrero rocher . I just love the coconutty taste of this one and I wanted to incorporate this flavor into my cake and I am happy to let you know the results were quite good .




The cake is light and moist with a hint of the coconut flavour and the sweetness of the white chocolate ganache balances well with the light cream frosting and  the crunch from the toasted coconut and almonds and I hope you guys like it :) .


INGREDIENTS

100 gms butter room temp
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 and 3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp almond essence
1 cup light coconut milk or 3 tsp coconut milk powder dissolved in 1 cup water

for the white chocolate ganache 

225 gms white chocolate
1 cup cream

for the frosting

1 cup liquid whipping cream
2 tbsp icing sugar

for the topping

3/4 cup toasted dessicated coconut
3/4 cup toasted almond flakes


METHOD

Cream the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy .
Add the eggs and beat well.
Add the vanilla and almond essence
Mix the flour and the baking powder well and beat it into the mixture alternating between the coconut milk .
Grease and line two 9 inch sandwich tins and pour the batter in it .
Bake in a preheated 180 c oven for about 15-20 min.
To make the ganache , heat the cream and add in the chopped chocolate and stir it till you get a smooth mixture.
Whip the cream and sugar till stiff .
To assemble the cake , add the white chocolate ganache on top of the cake and cover it with another layer of cake . Add a little more of the ganache on top of the cake and leave it to cool till the ganache is set .
Now frost the entire cake with the whipped cream  and top it with the toasted coconut and almonds.
Chill and enjoy .

33 comments:

  1. Congratulations Shabs on your blog's 1st anniversary! Wishing you many more to come! Your cake looks great, gorgeous and professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blog anniversary, wish you many more wonderful years of blogging and that cake is simply amazing. I love all the coconutey thing about this cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary!! I absolutely LOVE this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cake looks perfect! I will definately give it a try soon!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary!!! To my fellow foodie!! The cake looks divine. I would love a piece with a good cup of coffee. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary, sweetness! The cake looks yum and delish--just like your title...;) :)) Seriously, it looks so gourmet! You should consider doing some baking classes.. and I wish I could attend too, ah! Glad I made a friend in you. Ramadan Kareem too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! And what a beautiful cake! I sure do love white chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey! i might know you because your name is shabnaam and this is your first aniversary. i am 12 yrs old btw and my name is ruhi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Aniversary.. Love your cake. Looks so divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much guys : D .
    @ruhi , I am sorry honey , I don't recall a 12 yr old Ruhi , could you be more specific .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shabs-Happy blog anniversary! and enjoy your vacation!
    Absolutely love your amazing cake, the coconut, and the whipped topping is superb, the white ganache is to "die for" ...yumm!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your blog anniversary.. wish you many more years of happy blogging.. cake looks stunning..perfect dessert to celebrate the occasion..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shabs-Just read your comment on my blog. Thank you for the kind mention about my garlic rolls.
    I'm so glad you made it too. Hope you took a picture of it! That was such a great recipe, wasn't it?

    I'm inviting you to join the 7 Links tag game. I don't know if your time permits to round up 7 of your favorite posts, and follow the guide lines, but I would love you to join!
    you can also contact me in e-mail to advise me.
    elisaprega@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi shabs,

    nice blog u have here. the cakes you make are mind blowing really. i m new to baking so am just learning make cakes.
    could you tell me what brand of whipping cream do u use as mine does not become stiff and its a pain to do frosting.

    thanks
    nuwera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nuwera , thank you for the kind compliment , I use President brand or there is is another French brand called Elle something . Hope this helps and do let me know how it turns out :) .

      Delete
  15. yummy... my anniversary is coming on this 25th sept.. i will try it :)
    Check out my blog it's all about food stuff :)
    http://recipespassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete