Friday, June 8, 2012

Cheesy Potato Bites

Hey all , it's been one  hectic and busy month with house guest , chores , chores and more chores , didn't have time to post anything . It was fun though and for all my well wishers out there I want to let you guys know that I have lost a teeny bit , well something is better than nothing right ( I am a positive person ;p) . The recipe I am posting today is something my kids love and I am sure most of the kids love . It's really easy to make so her goes..........


INGREDIENTS 

2 large potatoes 
1 tbsp plain flour
2 -3 tbsp milk 
2 tbsp butter 
salt and pepper to taste 
100 gms of mature cheddar cheese cubed 
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp dried mixed herbs 
salt to taste 
1 egg mixed with a little water to make eggwash 
oil for frying 

METHOD

Microwave the potatoes on high for 5 min and then turn the potatoes and microwave on high for 5 min.
Now remove the skin and mash the potatoes and add the butter , milk , 1 tbsp flour and seasoning .
Now make small balls of the mashed potatoes , flatten it in your palm , add the cubed cheese and roll it into a small ball .
In a bowl , combine the flour , mixed herbs and salt .
Dip the potato balls in the flour mix , dust off excess , dip it in the egg wash and then the panko breadcrumbs .
You can make 12 - 18 pieces .
Now pop it in the fridge for half hour .
Deep fry it in hot oil and serve and enjoy .

34 comments:

  1. Extremely yummy....love the simple recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sweet friend, Shabs! As I mentioned before, your title certainly suits you...YUM AND DELISH...is for certain for these gorgeous little potato gems, so perfectly round, filled with all the yummylicious cheese filling and herbs, and fried to a golden mouthwatering loveliness! (how's that for a description?)...totally mean it, and will be pinning this on pinterest later, but now I have to continue my day...it's 12:00 noon here, while you are in 'dreamland' no doubt, about midnight!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lovely comments always make my day :) and the description is delicious . Thank you so much Elisabeth :D .

      Delete
  3. Yum, potatoes and cheese. I love this recipe. Can't wait to make it. Thanks for the great post and Congratulations on Foodbuzz Top 9:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would make great appetizers and i am sure they would be a hit at birthday parties with kids.
    I wish i had that tray infront of me right now ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, boy, do these look delish! A crowd pleaser in my house for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey. you should get on YaDig and review some places over ramadan since you have a food blog. there’s a winner everyday.
    check it out! http://www.yadig.com/competition.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love potato bites and these would be so perfect for party or even for casual snack time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete