Sunday, October 2, 2011

Baby Spinach Salad With Pomegranate Dressing

I have been posting so many calorie laden stuff that for a change I thought to post something healthy and also equally tasty .This salad is my hubby's fav ,the spinach is so soft , tender and wonderfully fresh and the pomegranate seeds provide a crunchy texture and the sweet ,sour and tart  dressing holds it all together so here goes........


INGREDIENTS

2 cups packed baby spinach washed and dried
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds

for the dressing 

1 tbsp pomegranate syrup
juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp honey
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

METHOD

Combine the ingredients for the dressing together and mix it up .
Toss the baby spinach and pomegranate seeds together and pour the dressing all over it and serve immediately .

20 comments:

  1. Very new combo to me....healthy and yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be interesting on a busy day ! I would probably use some fennel too just for the crunchy bite in between

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dressing sounds wonderful! I love baby spinach but I can't say I have had it with pomegranate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shabs-this is an absolutely gorgeous salad. Love the pomegranate dressing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete