Sunday, May 29, 2011

OMG! It's Chocolate Heaven

Ok , I might be being a tad bit dramatic , but lemme tell you something , I went on a diet last week and boy , that was one week I will never get back , I was just miserable ,was having only fruits and vegetables and I had these terrible nightmares of a lettuce strangling me and a giant apple knocking me dead  ( naaah , just kidding ) but seriously  if I ever see one more lettuce or an apple I might just kill myself . More than me , my kids were behind my back to stop the diet coz they wanted cookies and I wouldn't make it for them until I was over with the diet . So finally my diet is over and my kids are happy and me too to an extent and made these cookies to celebrate my success ( or failure) . These are Nigella Lawson's double chocolate cookies and they are just so decadent , rich , chocolatey and I could go on and on about it , they are that good , they are just divine .



INGREDIENTS

125 gms dark chocolate melted
150 gms flour
30 gms cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
125 gms butter
75 gms light brown sugar
50 gms white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg cold
350 gms semi- sweet chocolate chips

METHOD

Cream the butter and the sugar till pale and fluffy
Add the vanilla and egg and beat again .
Add the melted chocolate
Mix together the dry ingredients and add them in the butter mix .
Stir in the chocolate chips .
Scoop out with a medium size ice-cream scoop and place on the baking tray about 3 inches apart .
Bake in a preheated 170 c oven for about 18 min .
Leave in the tin to cool and then transfer to the wire rack to cool and harden .
If you stay in a hot and humid country ( like me ) then chill the dough for a half hour so that the cookies will not flatten out like a disc .

P.S : The milk is skimmed ;)

13 comments:

  1. i'm glad you broke your diet too! viva Shabs Nigella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diet and me don't go together, esp if there's temptation. Blogging is kinda fattening -- I look at such recipes like these cookie, try them and end up eating a whole bunch more than I probably should..,,to the point that I even thought of closing my account and saying bye to bloggie baby :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shabs-you would make Nigella proud with the amazing chocolate cookies, that you perfected. Absolutely loving it, and wanting to make these yummy cookies.
    Thanks for sharing:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look and sound fantastic! I love dark chocolate cookies. I make one with Reese's Pieces and it's soooo good!

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of that chocolatey goodness going on! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dieting is not easy Shabs and I could never do it. These days I started putting on a lil bit of weight and we thought of living on salad and fruits but after two days .. i just couldn't go on. So we started to run every morning for 30 mins and it's really working .Now i get to eat and try to stay in shape with all that run. And c'mon after certain age we anyway have to cut down on food .. so why now ? :) just enjoy those cookies dear !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you guys :)

    @ thoma - I am glad too ;)
    @ nash - yep since I started blogging I can't seem to resist anything .
    @ elisabeth - you r most welcome :)
    @ kankana - yep, workout is much better , I try to do that now .

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks incredible...truly must have tasted divine..
    first time here...awesome space you have..gorgeous clicks..
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..

    Tasty Appetite
    Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams

    ReplyDelete
  9. seems to live up to its name, from the looks of it :) heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! on finishing your diet! What a wonderful way to celebrate with a batch of Nigella's cookies. I do like her style. She is one of my favorites. The cookies look great and I bet they were! Thank you for your visits to my blog, I do appreciate it. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you guys :D , I love reading your comments .

    ReplyDelete