Saturday, May 14, 2011

Date and Coconut Fritters

I love to read the comments and let's face it comments are what we bloggers crave for , the excitement of checking in your recent post and wondering what all comments the post has got and I want to thank everyone who has posted a comment on here . I am saying this because something went wrong with the blogger here a day back and from the few handful of comments that I got , a couple of them went missing :( . Anyway glad that the blogger is up and working .Today's post is a favourite of mine which my mom makes . These fritters are crispy on the outside and soft and cake like on the inside , they are really delicious tiny bites so here goes.............



INGREDIENTS

12-15 soft dates
1/2 cup of freshly grated coconut
1 cup of self-raising flour
1 egg
a pinch of salt
water for the batter
oil for frying

METHOD

Mix the egg and water required with the self-raising flour to make a thick , smooth batter.
Add salt to it .
Now add the dates and coconut and use your hands to really mix the whole thing up by mushing the dates into the batter ( quite messy job , but fun too).
Now after you have had all the fun , deep fry spoonfuls of the mixture in hot oil till they turn golden brown .
Enjoy it hot .

5 comments:

  1. I could have never thought of making fritters with date. This is very unique idea and I must try !

    ReplyDelete
  2. These fritters really are yum and delish...just like your blog's name.
    Love the idea of making a sweet fritter with the dates, and coconut. I do have the ingredients, except the self rising flour. Will have to check the substitution to add bakings soda, or baking powder to the all purp. flour to get the same result as the self rising. Gotta try this!
    Thanks for sharing:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been kind of obsessed with coconut lately! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...someone's into too much fritters. Tempting me, girl!

    ReplyDelete