Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Spicy Fried Prawns

This is another one of the many favourites that my mom makes . It is the most delicious ,aromatic prawn dish that I have ever tasted and I absolutely love anything to do with prawns. This is quite a spicy dish but you can control the level of hotness by using less chillies . The spiciness and the tanginess of the sauce brings out the sweetness of the prawns .



INGREDIENTS

1 kg prawns
1/2 cup thick set yoghurt
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
5-6 green chillies split in half
8-10 curry leaves
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
25 gms butter
1 tspn oil
Oil for frying

METHOD

Clean and devein the prawns .
Marinate the prawns with chilli powder, turmeric powder,coriander powder, yoghurt ,salt ,ginger and garlic paste for 1 hr.
Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the marinated prawns , reserve the marinade.
In another pan melt the butter with 1 tspn oil and add the curry leaves and the split green chillies .
Add the tomato ketchup and mix it all up .
Add the fried prawns and the reserve marinade and keep on low heat for 5-10 min.
Serve hot .

TIPS

You can make this dish in chicken too , only marinate the chicken atleast 4 hours or overnight .

1 comment:

  1. I cocnur with you on how delicious and tantalizing this recipe is, ahhh! I have something similar in my webpage- one of my best dishes, I have to say. Nothing beats our Kerala style prawn roast/fry, elle?

    ReplyDelete