Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pinacolada Cupcakes

Whewww!!!! What a hectic week I had  , I  wanted to make Lizzy's cheesecake but did not get time to do it , I am still salivating over her cheesecake , hopefully this week I can try it out , but in the meanwhile , I was browsing through my food photos and found out that this recipe was not posted . these are soft , moist coconut cupcakes with bits of pineapple topped with a delicious coconut whipped cream and pineapple pieces coated with toasted coconut . These were an instant hit in my house so here goes...........................


INGREDIENTS

100 gms butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 and 3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup of light coconut milk
1/4 cup of syrup from the canned pineapple
1/2 cup of chopped pineapple

for the frosting 

350 ml whipping cream
2 tbsp coconut milk powder
5 tbsp or more icing sugar
pineapple pieces dipped in toasted coconut for garnish ( optional )

METHOD

Cream the butter and sugar till fluffy .
Add the vanilla and the eggs and beat again .
Sift the dry ingredients together .
Mix the coconut milk and the syrup .
Now add in the wet and dry mixture alternately in the batter ending with the dry ingredient.
Fold in the chopped pineapple .
Bake in a preheated 180 c oven for about 20-25 min or till the tops are springy to the touch .
Now for the frosting , whip the cream , icing sugar sugar and coconut milk powder till stiff .
Pipe swirls onto the cooled cupcakes and top it with the pineapple pieces .


10 comments:

  1. Wow, Shabs...you are on the "cupcake roll" second amazing cupcakes since the last time. Love the pina colada cream swirl, and the yummy pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could learn to like pineapple - but I'd love these if I replaced it with another kind of fruit. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh, these look marvelous, Shabs!!! How I love pineapple and coconut.....mmmmmmm. And I'm sure you can make a half batch of cheesecake...do you have a smaller springform pan to use? I'd just watch the baking time...and use a pan with half the volume if you have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum for sure! These cupcakes look beautiful! I love the way the pineapple slices are dipped in coconut--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful...you have a wonderful knack of decorating cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make your writing so sweet and credible and we believe it's always delish! Lovely photo and recipe. Flagged!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I love coconut cupcakes...and yours look amazing!!! The icing and toppers are beautiful. I know you'll get to that cheesecake eventually...LOL...life can get in the way of our baking plans, can't it???

    ReplyDelete
  8. pinacolada is my favorite drink...love this cupcake flavor :)

    ReplyDelete