Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chicken Manchurian

I know I have been MIA for a while now , but lemme tell you something , I finally unpacked my stuff ( yay me !). I actually wanted to bake a cake to celebrate but I am just too tired from all the unpacking so went through my photos and found one that I hadn't posted . This is a very easy and tasty recipe which I make all the time . It's very flavourful and spicy , I like it very spicy but if you want it mild , you can decrease the amount of chillies used  , so here goes....................



INGREDIENTS


500 gms boneless chicken cut into cubes

for the marinade

1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 egg
salt to taste

for the sauce

2 tbsp garlic minced
2 tbsp spring onion chopped
6-8 green chillies chopped
1 tbsp celery chopped
1 tbsp ginger minced
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 4 tbsp water
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying

METHOD

Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and add the chicken cubes in it and set it aside for half hour.
Fry the chicken pieces till they are crisp and done .
In a saucepan , heat a couple of tbsp of oil and add the ginger , garlic , spring onions and celery and saute it for a few min.
Now add the rest of the ingredients except for the cornflour and bring it to a boil .
Reduce the heat and add the cornflour and stir it till it thickens .
Now add the fried chicken cubes and mix it up .
Turn off the heat , garnish with chopped spring onions and corinader leaves if you like .
Serve hot .




7 comments:

  1. Hooray for being unpacked! I hope you can take some time to relax now! This chicken looks soooo delicious....yummy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shabs, this is my kind of chicken!!! Love the marinade, love the sauce, I carefully read through all the ingredients, and for me, it's never too spicy. Absolutely loving it:DDD Bookmarking ti to make this ASAP!

    So glad you're finally unpacked...just sit back, and relax now. The cake can wait till next time. I would rather take the chicken NOW...yumm:DDD
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic!! :) I love that sauce! Wonderfully flavorful, I'm sure. And congrats on unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) and Elisabeth , please lemme know how it goes .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an xxcellent side for roti...am flagging this and will definitely try it out when am stocked on celery...

    looks yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I TRIED THIS!!!!!!!! Superb it is! Who said only restaurant food tastes gourmet????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback , happy to know :D

      Delete