Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fondant Baby Shower Cake

 I love to decorate cakes , it's a hobby of mine , especially since I 've discovered marshmallow fondant . Whoever thought of marshmallow fondant is a pure genius  It is just like kiddies play-dough , you can do anything with it and the results are just amazing. I am just in the learning process and have made a few of them and this cake  I am posting today is one I made for a friend of mine who wanted to gift it  to her sis-in-law.


It is a 3 layer chocolate and vanilla cake with chocolate ganache filling and whipped cream frosting . Everything on the cake is made of fondant . The marshmallow fondant is very easy to make , I don't exactly measure it because there is no need to . You just have to microwave the marshmallow with a few sprinkling of water and the marshmallow melts , then add in the icing sugar till you get a nice pliable dough . Add in the desired color and make whatever you want . 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope you're having a great day.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristy , you have a wonderful day too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg you make it sound so simple but it really looks spectacular...wow how did you make it???
    bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is simple Thoma , try it , if I can make it anyone can , really !!

    ReplyDelete