Friday, February 11, 2011

Rosewater Meringues

Meringues are so crispy and light and so pretty to look at. I have never before tried making it so I thought it is high time I gave this one a try and I didn't think it was this easy to make , the only thing is getting it out of the baking sheet , it was one big pain to do and on top of that I used a different nozzle , so it didn't come out as I planned but nevertheless it was just yummy to eat , it tasted like cotton candy and it just melts in your mouth just like the cotton candy .Though I am not a big fan of valentines day I wish all of my valentine loving friends ( the few handful of people who visit my blog and the few that land up here by mistake ) a Happy Valentines Day , these meringues are for you ........


INGREDIENTS

2 egg whites
1 tsp rosewater
1/2 cup caster sugar
few drops of pink food color

METHOD

Preheat oven to 120 c .
Grease  oven trays and line with baking paper.
In a large mixing bowl  , add all the ingredients and beat it with an electric mixer till it is stiff .
Spoon the mix into a piping bag fitted with a 2 cm fluted tube .
Pipe 4 cm stars onto trays 2cm apart.
Bake about 1 hour .
Cool on trays .


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I plan to make meringues soon (also my first time) because I have about a dozen egg whites leftover from making custard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very nice. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete